Pledging a new era of greater transparency and accountability, Governor Kathy Hochul has directed New York State agencies, authorities and boards to assess and evaluate their existing policies and practices and create a plan detailing their new efforts to increase transparency and accessibility. The New York State Office for the Aging (NYSOFA) has developed the following plan for agency action steps designed to increase public participation and access to information.
New York State Plan on Aging 2019-2023
Public participation and access to information is fundamentally embodied in NYSOFA’s New York State Four-Year Plan on Aging. This foundational document guides NYSOFA's statewide operations and establishes specific community outreach expectations of NYSOFA, its community partners, and contractors who provide services to older adults.
Open Data NY
Open Data NY at open.ny.gov is a hub for one-stop access to information that helps the public better understand what is happening in government at the state, local, and federal levels. Open Data NY increases transparency, improves government performance, empowers New Yorkers to participate in government, and encourages research and economic opportunities statewide.
As part of its transparency plan, NYSOFA is expanding the information that it posts on Open Data NY.
NYSOFA's transparency plan calls for the publication of quarterly data reports for various programs, including the numbers of people served and the types of services requested in those programs. These quarterly reports are posted below as information is collected and verified.
HIICAP and MIPPA
- NYS HIICAP & MIPPA Beneficiary Contact Report 1st Quarter 2022 (Jan. 1, 2022 to March 31, 2022)
- NYS HIICAP & MIPPA Beneficiary Contact Report: 4th Quarter 2021 (Oct. 1, 2021 to Dec. 31, 2021)
- NY Connects Beneficiary Contact Report: 1st Quarter 2022 (Jan. 1, 2022 to March 31, 2022)
- NY Connects Beneficiary Contact Report: 4th Quarter 2021 (Oct. 1, 2021 to Dec. 31, 2021)
Long Term Care Ombudsman Program
- Long Term Care Ombudsman Program Facility Coverage: First Quarter FFY 2022 (Oct. 1, 2021 to Dec. 31, 2021)
- Long Term Care Ombudsman Program Complaints: First Quarter FFY 2022 (Oct. 1, 2021 to Dec. 31, 2021)
- Long Term Care Ombudsman Program Activities: First Quarter FFY 2022 (Oct. 1, 2021 to Dec. 31, 2021)