Apply for the MSP Today
Learn how the MSP could put up to $7,000 back in your pocket.
The Medicare Savings Program, or MSP, is estimated to save Medicare beneficiaries an average of up to $7,000 annually.
New York State recently expanded the MSP to include higher income limits in 2023. This means that you and approximately 300,000 other New Yorkers may be newly eligible for this assistance if your income falls within the levels below.
Free, objective, statewide assistance is also available to help you in the application process through the Health Insurance Information, Counseling and Assistance Program (HIICAP). Simply call the statewide helpline at 1-800-701-0501.
How it Works
- The MSP helps pay out-of-pocket Medicare costs, such as your Part B premium.
- To be eligible, you must already be a Medicare beneficiary, meet the income requirements, and apply for this assistance,
- You can print an application online. You can also pick up a printed application through your local HIICAP program.
To apply, you’ll need photocopies of:
- Your Medicare Card
- Proof of income
- Documentation about health insurance premiums that you pay other than Medicare
- Proof of your date of birth
- Proof of residence
Income information can include your social security award letter, monthly pension statement, or any other earned income such as paystubs. Please refer to page two of the application form for more detailed information about documentation.
For help, call New York's HIICAP Program at 1-800-701-0501.