Check out MyBenefits: Your Key to New York State’s Programs and Services
It is fast and simple: visit myBenefits.ny.gov to see what benefits you or a loved one may be eligible for.
A simple questionnaire will ask some basic questions about your family, your income, and your bills. Based on your answers, myBenefits will tell you if you are eligible for assistance with the following:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) food and nutrition assistance
- Temporary assistance
- Special tax credits
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) assistance
- Women, Infants, and Children Special Supplemental Nutrition Program (WIC)
- Prescription drug insurance coverage for older New Yorkers
- Various health insurance programs for individuals, families, children, and sole proprietors
There are more than 15 programs and tax credits you or a family member may be eligible for. Older New Yorkers (55+), veterans, and families with children may find the myBenefits website particularly helpful. The average time spent determining eligibility is under 10 minutes, so visit myBenefits.ny.gov today.